Thursday, February 19, 2009

More Interview News

I woke up today with my pain about a 5 on the pain scale. Usually when it gets to 5 or 6 I take a pain pill. I chose not to this morning, since I wanted to be sharp for the interview. First I spoke to the person who is going to be my proctor for my practicum. I can start as early as next week, I need to buy charcoal gray scrubs (to designate me as a student) and can complete the whole thing in 9 weeks. I'm planning to do my thing Sunday-Tuesday, which would leave the rest of the week open for work or any extra school stuff (and there is plenty..lots of essays to write about the practicum).
I toured the lab, was shown what I would be doing there, and lots of people came up to hug me & say hello. It was good to be missed! They were all excited when I told them I would be back for school. When I heard what the salary would be, I was a bit hesitant about this job. I think the hours would be 4 pm to 2 am, and besides that, I have to drive 45 minutes to get there. 3 days a week for school is enough driving! There is a vet hospital 5 minutes from my house looking for a tech, I will be putting my resume in there tomorrow.
I got home and I really didn't feel all that well. My back was hurting and I was anxious...I was tired...I got into my sweat pants and got on the couch to watch TV. I fell asleep for about an hour or so, then got up to eat dinner that my husband thoughtfully made for me.
I don't know if I'm not feeling well because my meds are making me feel that way, or if the prospect of going back to work scares me, or if the pain is wearing me out...or what.
I may just do my school thing for a few weeks to see what happens to me mentally and physically. That way I don't start something I can't finish.

No comments: