Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day

Happy New Year to you! As I sit here typing and feeling thankful that I am not working outside today, I am also hoping that 2009 will be better for me than 2008 was. There were good things in my life last year, but the entire year will be clouded with memories of my back injury and depression issues. 
Sometimes I think my life will never be the same, that I will never feel truly happy or be able to go back to work. Other times I think that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I just have to be patient.
So I am looking to the New Year and its new beginnings. I'm not feeling particularly hopeful today, but I will be drowning my sorrows in the Rose Bowl and Orange Bowl games later. 

Thank goodness for football!

Once again, Happy New Year to all.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Happy New Year!
You are going to have an AWESOME 2009!
Think positive my love!
HUGS!
~T

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) New Year!

The old adage, "One Day at a time" fits well here.

It is easy to dwell on the past with only the negative. Find the positives and focus on them. And since I know the initial knee-jerk response is to say, "there was nothing good," I will give you a head start.

1. Yes, you had back issues. But they could have been worse. You are not permanently stuck in a wheelchair or limited in your mobility in other such ways. You can and still do take care of yourself. As bleak as it seems at times, it certainly could have been worse.

2. The way to get past depression is to recognize that and treat it, one step done (recognition) and the second is in progress so you already have a head start going into 2009.

3. Reconnecting with old friends ;)