Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Wish List

As I was lying in bed last night tossing and turning and trying to fall asleep (otherwise known as The Nightly Ritual), I had this idea for today's post. I was thinking of all the things that I would wish for, if I was suddenly granted wishes. I'm going to give you more than just 3..I suppose I can put stars by the top 3, since that is the magic number of wishes that can be granted. 

I wish my Dad was still alive. ***
I wish my brother Geoff was still alive. ***
I wish my Heidi Q was still alive. ( I really want to give this stars, but I think my next one will get them)
I wish I went to a different college. ***
I wish I could sing. On key.
I wish my house was bigger. 
I wish football was on TV year round.
I wish I was still in high school.
I wish there would be a cute guy that liked me so I could flirt with him, and then in turn feel more attractive. I'm happily married but there is nothing wrong with a little flirting now and again.
Cute guy notwithstanding, I wish I WAS more attractive. Or younger, then I WOULD be attractive. Hmm, this is getting murky. Time to get back on track.
I wish I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
I wish my back wasn't herniated.
I wish I had more money.
I wish I played more sports when I was younger..like softball or basketball. I did play softball but only in grammar school. I was a 1st baseman.
I wish I could go up a long flight of stairs without getting winded.
I wish I didn't hate flying so I could go to exotic or far away places.
I wish my thighs were just a bit thinner. 
I wish I had become a vet tech sooner in life.
I wish I had appreciated my parents more when I was younger.
I wish I talked to them more about their childhood and young adult years, or at least their life before me.
I wish I could have clearer memories of my childhood..I have forgotten so much, and as I age these memories are all I will have left. 
I wish I could go skiing. I know how to, but the herniated discs put the kibosh on that activity.
I wish I could fall asleep quicker.

All these wishes make me sound like a needy wishful person...I'm realizing this now as I read over my list. But that is not true. This is just a list for fun, something to pass the time as I toss and turn at night. Perhaps my next post should be all the things that I have, and I'm grateful for.

But in the meantime, this is my wish list. Enjoy...and as you read it, think about what would be on YOUR wish list~

No comments: