Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Writing Pluses and Minuses

This month will be over before we know it! I'm pretty disappointed in the fact that there are only 2 posts for January. I suppose it's a combination of not thinking I have interesting things to blog about, combined with the fact that my free time is spent studying.
A few weeks ago I had considered the idea of writing a book...and I see that if I ever did go through with it I would have to be done with school. How anyone writes and works full time is beyond me. Of course, there is a lot more research I would have to do before I even attempted to pull this off. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to actually write the book before getting an agent or publisher, or get them first and then be under the gun to produce.
Knowing me, I'd rather have the thing written to avoid stress.
That being said, I will have to work on blogging more. I'm sure interesting things happen at work all the time but I see it all day long so I don't consider it blog-worthy.
I'm studying 2 subjects right now, one class should be done in a few months and then I will have a whole new area to blog about. I don't want to say anything about it now, but I'm very excited to be learning new things. I feel much more complete inside.

1 comment:

nighthawk said...

you should consult my sister, she had her book published last year. As far as I know, you write a book then get it published. One of the great paradoxes of life is that you get more done with less time. I've found that writing can be a desert and and a tsunami. But the great ones make it a discipline to write just like good athletes train to stay sharp. Of course I'm not anywhere near a good writer or a professional so I'm probably talking out of my ass.