Friday, April 17, 2009

Waiting...And Waiting...

I finally heard back from the one vet I was flapping about a few posts ago..the answer was NO. They said they could not accomplish all the tasks I had to learn in the time period allotted. How strange, other students have passed their externship with the exact same time constrictions. This program is accredited by the AVMA (governing body for veterinarians and techs) so they are not picking times and subjects arbitrarily.
Anyhow, I picked up my curriculum book and dropped it off at another vet I came upon while Googling. That was about a week ago. 
A former co worker of mine sent me a link to a vet hospital that has 2 of their staff members going to Penn Foster. That sounds promising! I emailed them a note yesterday outlining my externship and asking them if it was something they could help me with. 
 
I am also emailing out my resume, killing two birds with one stone.

So now I'm playing the waiting game again. 

No comments: