Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What To Do When You're Not Doing It

Yesterday my boss told me that I will have to start coming to work on Tuesday at 11am again. That means no more having the whole day to myself until 4pm. This does not bode well for my studying, my writing, or my sleeping late.
Today I happen to have the day off, and after a fun filled day of shopping, flea markets, farmer's markets and bookstores, I am home by myself.
I should be doing my Business and Technical Writing homework. Failing that, I should be writing my novel.

I'm not doing either of those things. Instead, I'm writing this blog. Aren't I making good use of my time?
I guess not.

Here is a list of things that I end up doing when I know I have to work on my homework:
1. Check out FaceBook.
2. Check out Twitter.
3. Pet the dogs.
4. Fold laundry.
5. Chew on ice cubes and think.
6. Look at my "Writing Effective Communications" study guide and wish that I was never born.
7. Gaze longingly at the 4 books I just bought today and wish I could be reading them right now.
8. Go back to FaceBook to see if anything new showed up in my news feed.
9. Give the dogs a chewy stick and watch them eat it.
10. Call my best friend and tell him how busy I am and how I'm working hard on my writing.

As you can see right now, I'm actually very busy. Perhaps I will end this post while I'm on a roll, because I have so much to do.

As soon as I check my FaceBook just one more time......

1 comment:

JayMonster said...

Don't put down writing on this blog. The old adage goes, a writer writes. And also, the more you write, the better you get at it. So whether you are working on your novel, or contemplating it (or anything else), using words to express yourself is writing, and worth it. (Farmville, on the other hand... LOL)