Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Some Things I'm Thankful For

There is a lot to be said about daily affirmations. They can cheer you up. help you keep a goal in sight, or just serve to remind you of what is good in your life. I'm thinking about some good stuff in my life right now:

I'm glad I work where I do, the hospital has a large and varied case load so I'm never bored.
I'm thankful for my vet and the close personal relationship I have with her..she is my intellectual companion as well as a mentor and friend.
I'm thankful that my Mom is in good health.
I'm happy to have a best friend that is always there for me, ready to dispense advice and words of wisdom.
I'm glad my hair is short, as I don't have to spend endless hours fussing over it before I leave the house.
I'm glad I have a mini Schnauzer girl who welcomes me home and snuggles up to me on chilly nights.
I'm happy to be married to the man that I have...he has nursed me through bad times and cheered me on through good times.
I'm grateful to myself for making a career change, because I'm the happiest I've ever been at work.

Finally, I'm glad to be me. I'm at the age where there is a definite generation gap going on, but I would not want to be young in this world. I'm content to be the age that I am, with the knowledge that I possess.
It's definitely the little things in life that makes you happy.